Business Development Manager
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for implementing a key account strategy for a major market segment. He/she will be responsible for growing View’s business and establishing View as the design-in/preferred choice for the best assets in the world. The Manager will work closely with the View sales team and assist them to win on-going sales opportunities and develop new sales opportunities from their customer executive relationships. They will develop the market segment strategy, content expertise, relationships, record of successful wins, and public profile to be considered a thought leader in their vertical by both customers and internal View employees (executives, sales managers).
· Deliver wins ($ bookings) attributable to the Manager’s origination or significant contributions
· Establish Key strategic account traction and market share (%) at target accounts
· Thought leadership, as exhibited by speaking engagements at conferences and industry events
· Success in identifying and analyzing the market segment, building strategic relationships with owners and executives, diligencing opportunities and making qualified leads to View sales team.
· Refine, articulate, and quantify View’s value propositions in key strategic accounts and work with product marketing, product management and technology to create market-specific collateral
· Go-To-Market strategy and execution plan for certain high-growth verticals including technology, life science, media, and telecommunications
· Map the universe of and influencers, and develop plans to penetrate each
· Collaboration with sales, marketing and product management on critical meetings and account management
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Interest and knowledge of business development, consulting, finance, real estate development, sales, or product marketing.
· Strong executive presence: ability to build relationships at different levels of customer organizations from CxO to mid-level managers
· Excellent analytical and strategic skills coupled with execution ability. Strong bias towards measurable results
· Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences.
· Ownership mindset – passion to roll up sleeves, get stuff done (GSD), self-starter mentality, and deliver amazing results in a hyper growth environment.
· Mindset of excellence and detail orientation.
· Demonstrated capacity to understand the big picture of a complex business, think analytically, and develop strategic marketing plans in this context.
· Humility, ability to provide and receive candid feedback, and ability to learn.
· 6 – 0 years of experience preferred.
MBA highly desirable. BS/BA degree required.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.