Description of the Analyst Role
Our objective is to build one of the most efficient search funds featuring a significant focus on operations optimization, deal-flow analytics monitoring and tracking, and other elements core to achieving efficient deal flow and deal closing. If you are interested in future consulting roles at top firms, this opportunity is a great place to start- an opportunity to share with future employers YOU personally had a hand in building the core industries our firm will target for deal sourcing and acquisition.
In parallel, our managing partner will help you work on specific professional developments you have defined to ensure you are achieving your goals through this opportunity and we are supporting you in the best way possible.
During the internship, an analyst should expect to develop fundamental, professional knowledge and application across the following
Note: some interns may focus more heavily in a select few of these areas vs. the entire spectrum:
- Industry research- identifying particular industries / sub-niches for VHG to consider for investment. This role will focus most heavily in this area including after industry(s) are identified: market economics/size / etc., competitors, opportunities/risks, etc.
- Upward management– advising VHG’s Managing Partner on how we can best optimize overall deal flow, marketing, and related efforts
- Downward management– Effectively managing offshore counterparts (your reports) to support your research as needed
Details of Analyst Role
- Lead industry research for VHG. Work in tandem with our Managing Partner to define these opportunities.
- Develop SOPs to drive fund efficiency and coordinate integration and launch of the respective processes with our offshore partners for industry research
- Pay / Sponsorship: Unpaid internship
- Hours per Week: 10 to 20 hours per week
- Duration: 4-12 weeks with opportunities to extend
- Target state date: mid-August 2021
Who Should Apply/desired qualifications:
- Highly motivated candidates who have a strong and proven interest in consulting, marketing & sales, and management
- Candidates who have a curious nature for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, are resourceful and have the ability to think independently
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in business, marketing, systems engineering (or similar), or have similar, related experiences including entrepreneurial aspirations
- Separately, those who may not participate in the undergraduate majors above but demonstrate a strong passion to be a part of this program should also apply and be prepared to share what excites them most about this role
- Interns will participate in a structured training program with an end goal of supporting placement at top firms- our managing partner will work with you 1:1 to identify professional development opportunities toward these opportunities
- Moreover, interns will receive mentoring and training from a McKinsey & Company alum
- Resources will include, but are not limited to:
- 400 IB Questions, 500+ page comprehensive IB guide, applied M&A guide, numerous RX and IB case studies, IB behavioural guides, debt primers, merger model primers, LBO primers, full three statements/merger model/LBO model training, and access to networking algorithms
- Interns will further be able to leverage the extensive network of the founder and support team