Associate level engineer working in a team environment will be directly involved with development
and production of electronic assembly processes used in commercial, automotive and other specialty products. Responsibilities will include setup, characterization and qualification of processes and equipment used in the manufacture of industry leading advanced power component solutions then transitioning and supporting those processes in production.
- Will work with enabling technologies such magnetics assembly and automated fluid dispensing integrated with PCB and SMT technologies.
- Develops cost effective electronics packaging improvements to existing methods and works efforts for new products.
- Writes technical reports and prepares presentations for peer review covering process development activities and next generation processing methods to supporting technologies that our customers use in application such as cloud servers, autonomous vehicles, military and industrial equipment.
- Hands on responsibility for equipment including programming and the SPC needed to ensure the highest yields, throughput, and lowest cost.
- Implement and manage real time SPC and utilize Six Sigma tools such as PFMEAs to implement meaningful process controls
- Supports the organizational goal of Automotive Readiness in preparation for IATF 16949 Certification.
- Monitor line yield, scrap and equipment utilization on a daily basis
- Work independently as well as lead cross-functional development teams using DMAIC process
- Monitor line performance and take corrective action to eliminate process problems and improve yields.
- Work with Design, Test, and Quality Engineering to implement yield and quality enhancements
- Work with hourly production and maintenance personnel to improve line performance
- Review all new product designs for compatibility with process capability. Make appropriate recommendations on new designs.
- Identify and lead cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives
- Initiate and approve manufacturing documentation and ECO’s
- Investigate problems, determine root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Expected to be hands on with equipment, including occasional maintenance and troubleshooting
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
· 0-2 years’ experience with electronics packaging and/or a manufacturing. It would be beneficial for candidate to have had former coop experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with the Automotive Requirements such as IATF 16949 Certification, PPAP, BIQ, FTQ considered a plus.
· Experience using design based software systems. Examples include Solid Works, Pro Engineer, or Auto CAD.
· Familiarity with advanced packaging and processing strategies for system in a package devices (SIP) incorporating high layer count laminate (PCB) and ceramic substrates, ferrites, flip chips, BGA’s, lead-free soldering, MSL, transfer molding and encapsulation, high current interconnects a plus.
· Knowledge of Universal Pick and Place and Asymtek fluid dispense processes a plus but will teach.
· Good hands on engineering skills and ability to work on production equipment
· Solid skills in problem solving and implementation of Six Sigma
· Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve moderately complex technical problems
· Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
· Excellent writing and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability