One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It’s uniquely Viasat and intentionally not like any other company. The Business Operations team supports all aspects of Viasat’s broad portfolio including government and commercial areas. We manage everything from initial customer demand, through servicing our customer, developing and managing logistics/sustainment solutions to developing a technology roadmap that will move our company ahead.
As an intern in the Business Operations Department, you will be responsible for coordinating and integrating all facets of the customers’ sustainment support activities. This is a unique opportunity to support special projects related to customer service, repair and sparing processes, cost/benefit analysis, and much more!
This responsibility entails working in a dynamic environment executing contract scope and interfacing cross functionally. You will coordinate with all facets of logistics and support services across multiple Viasat locations to ensure seamless sustainment support is provided to the programs and customers.
During this summer internship, you will be responsible for:
- Managing internship project planning and implementation activities as well as communicating key takeaways and deliverables
- Developing and supporting continuous improvement activities alongside Program Management teams
- Planning and coordinating depot support activities and global service parts logistics
- Coordinating reverse logistics process flow across distribution channels for network spares
- Determining optimum inventory levels and field stocking locations for network spares
- Reporting ongoing metrics on cost, performance, and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Participating in corporate wide logistics strategy development
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin/Global Supply Chain Management, Business Administration-Global Supply Chain Management, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering & Management, Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, Industrial Engineering & Technology, Industrial Technology, Supply Chain Management and/or a related field
- Experience with Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, and/or Supply Chain
- Strong leadership, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent follow up and customer service skills
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!