One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
With more than 45 years of antenna system expertise, Viasat in Atlanta specializes in antenna and ground station design, fabrication, test, installation, and maintenance. We have developed a set of antenna system building blocks that enable us to efficiently put together systems for practically any application. As a Manufacturing Engineer Intern, you will work to drive process improvement throughout all functional areas of Viasat. You might conduct make/buy analysis, work in facilities planning, introduce new products, or plan future projects. While working in this cross-functional role, you will interface with many different departments in Viasat, including engineering, quality, purchasing, planning, logistics, and production to coordinate the release of new products, sustain the production of existing products, or conduct failure analysis of returned projects. This role requires a “can-do” attitude, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Interest in Manufacturing Engineering, Antenna Systems, and data-driven process improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to define problems, collect and verify data, propose solutions, and advise evidence-based courses of action
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience in process mapping, project planning, and process improvement
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex engineering documents and drawings
- Coding experience, preferably in VBA or Python
- Previous experience with or knowledge of Microsoft Access, Visio, Oracle, Solumina, Agile, Bills of Material, and inventory control systems
- Previous Manufacturing Engineering internship experience, preferably in a high mix, low volume production environment
- Familiarity or experience using Lean Six Sigma
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!