One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, influence product technology decisions, and come up with new ideas that will push a product above and beyond your competitor’s products? Viasat is a unique blend of technical challenge, opportunity to excel, team camaraderie, and opportunity to work with industry leaders. Sound interesting? Keep reading.
As an Industrial Engineer (IE) – Continuous Improvement (CI) at Viasat you are joining a growing and dynamic group with tangible opportunity to make your own, personal impact on the competencies and direction of the team. A Viasat Industrial Engineer – Continuous Improvement will be integrated into the IE team and predominately interface with other IEs, Program Management, and LEAN Implementation Teams consisting of technicians, production supervisors, test engineers, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers. You will be the face of change management with ownership of implementation and reporting of Lean Process Improvements.
As a successful IE-CI team member you will use your continuous improvement experience to tactfully lead the implementation of good change to reduce cost, improve performance, and optimize capacity. You will be challenged to solve complex business and manufacturing problems by developing strategic and memorable recommendations using lean methodologies that reduce costs, increase profitability, enhance performance, and transform operations. A Viasat IE-CI represents internal Lean and 6 Sigma expertise. We are working to progress the transformation of our internal and external manufacturing organization to reflect a world-class lean manufacturing environment. To do this you must be able to define and map improvement plans, gather support, generate creative solutions, iterate, lead Lean events, and drive from the front-line the implementation of the stated objectives.
This role demands an innate aptitude toward relations development and change management that is supported by a holistic knowledge of continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing operations.
We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people and have a technical mind that excels when being challenged. If you have the drive to succeed and grow your career, Viasat might be a fit for you!
- Master’s degree in a technical field (Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering Management, or similar degree)
- New grad/intern experience supporting technical manufacturing in an Industrial Engineering, Change Management, Continuous Improvement or similar role
- Proven ability to lead the implementation and/or maturation of Lean environments
- Proven ability to own and lead change implementation
- Strong understanding and historical application of Lean, Six Sigma, and other Industrial Engineering methodologies
- Proven ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences with professional poise and business maturity
- Excellent ability to quantify the impact and manage cost controls to meet negotiated cost reduction objectives
- Mindfulness and personal charisma to earn respect and influence decisions
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Advanced-level Microsoft Office skills (primarily Project, Excel, and Visio)
- Experience with Minitab or equivalent statistical analysis SW
- Experience with ProModel Process Simulator or Discrete Simulation modelling equivalent
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!