One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a Homologation/Product Safety Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the team on a multitude of product safety and homologation projects, both related and unrelated. You will determine the strategies needed to achieve multiple goals of the projects prioritizing effectively to meet company needs. It will also be within your purview to coordinate across various functions and business areas.
A qualified candidate will be a self-starter, eager to research and investigate options to resolve complex situations. Minimal experience in homologation and product safety accepted, will train. Help the team manage, schedule, and monitor product safety/homologation projects across multiple business areas
- Knowledge of Regulatory Compliance for CE marking (EMC, LVD, Machinery Safety) helpful
- Work closely with Global Market Access entities (aka Notify Body/Approved Body) to complete required testing and certification on products
- Document and maintain safety regulation changes when released
- Maintain product homologation certifications (renewals) on existing products in appropriate databases. Determine strategies to achieve objectives
- Generate and monitor schedules, and other project activities
- Deliver project reporting
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree or related field
- Product safety and Homologation experience is desired but not required.
- Working across multiple business areas to tight deadlines
- Experience running multiple projects
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Understand performance evaluation and change management
- Proficient in MS Office
- Self-starter, able to work unsupervised
- Strong organizational skills are key
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to interact with international partners
- Problem-solver – Critical thinker.
- Oracle and Agile PLM is desired
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!