One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a Homologation/Product Safety Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the team on a multitude of product safety and homologation projects, both related and unrelated. You will voice ideas and outside perspectives as a member of the team and cohort to our Project Manager and will be introduced to various functions and business areas. In this role, hands-on training will be given in product safety and homologation as you assist the team in managing, scheduling, and monitoring projects across multiple business areas. It will also include welcome introductions to Global Market Access entities (aka Notify Body/Approved Body) to understand the full testing and certification process on products.
In this role, you’ll assist in:
- Document and maintain safety regulation changes when released
- Maintaining product homologation certifications (renewals) on existing products in appropriate data bases
- Learn to generate and monitor schedules, and other project activities
- Project reporting
We’re looking for passionate, innovative, go-getters to explore and experience the world of product safety and homologation. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter and eager to research and investigate options to bring to the table of complex situations. They will also be eager to learn and keep an open mind about Regulatory Compliance for CE marking (EMC, LVD, Machinery Safety).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Environmental, Mechanical or related field
- Proficient in MS Office
- Self-starter, able to work unsupervised
- Strong organizational skills are key
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work as a team member
- Some knowledge of project management methodologies
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!