One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring that all Viasat parts, products, and components meet national and international compliance requirements. Before any of our products ship, our team verifies that they meet all compliance and regulatory requirements.
This person will be responsible for collecting, reviewing, and inputting environmental compliance data into compliance databases. They will manage and support compliance projects, interface with data collection vendors, evaluate supplier and supplier environmental material declarations, work with and train suppliers to drive environmental improvements. The candidate will provide compliance reports and feedback to Programs and Design groups, in addition, this position will collaborate with Component Engineering, Quality Assurance, Configuration Management, and Supply Chain. This person should be able to work within a group and have experience with process development and basic project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (i.e. high tech electronics/mechanical environment)
- Ability to read/interpret basic design drawings
- Proficient in MS Office
- Self-starter, able to work unsupervised
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to interact with international partners
- Problem-solver – Critical thinker
- Time management
- Basic project management skills
- Document management skills
- Previous knowledge or experience with TSCA, Proposition 65, RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Conflict Minerals, Packaging, and or Battery Directives/Regulations
- Working knowledge of Agile, Oracle and Compliance Map
- Experience in AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer, or equivalent design software
- Willingness to learn Product/Material Analysis and other speciality or international regulations including but not limited to: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-HDBK-454, NAS-411 and IAEG
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!