When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy, and the skills and experiences you’ve gained in your MBA program to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your business strategy knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with business unit leaders and functional leaders at the highest levels within Verizon to execute on a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business and preparing the business for the future.
You may have the opportunity to:
– Work with the Tech Enablement team to support Verizons content management initiative. Research and provide recommendations to support our overall content strategy and goverance model.
– Contribute to the optimizing strategic offer decisioning for a scalable business enterprise architecture. Advocate for the end to end product design and partner with respective technical teams on underlying APIs as we integrate with front end applications.
– Partner with internal clients and stakeholders to develop crucial strategic solutions. Analyze complex operational and economic data to identify trends and evaluate potential cross-channel strategic operational changes. Develop innovative strategies and models to support key business initiatives pertinent to future resource planning such as operational excellence and cross-functional/hybrid workforce.
– Help us evaluate what is coming next in the market in terms of digital identity and privacy-preserving data sharing. Contribute to the strategy on what products/features should we build first for Verizon so they can also be monetized or provide an advantageous position in the VZ customers digital life.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in an MBA program with a concentration in Strategy, Marketing, Consulting, Business/Data Analytics, Finance or a related field with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Four or more years of work experience in Strategy, Operations, Data Analytics, Consulting, Finance, Product Management, Marketing, Business Modeling, or a related field.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Knowledge of consumer products and markets.
– Experience with e-commerce, customer experience, and business strategy.
– Understanding of online metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
– Experience with digital web/app experiences.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.