When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy, and the skills and experiences you’ve gained in your MBA program to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Business Excellence organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge regarding strategic business problem solving, data analytics and other process improvement methodologies, and strategic change initiatives in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
– Using your skills in impactful projects and participating in presentations to senior leadership.
– Facilitating the creation of multi-year cost optimization and/or revenue growth strategies.
– Assuming key responsibilities in transformational projects across the enterprise.
– Developing hypotheses and frameworks to solve business problems.
– Analyzing and assessing the impact of various business drivers and providing a fact-based recommendation to the stakeholders.
– Marketing your skills at the executive level within a world-class telecom and technology company.
– Partnering closely with Verizon’s business units to optimize spend through targeted initiatives.
– Developing sophisticated financial models to evaluate transformation initiatives.
– Collaborating with Global Supply Chain to improve procurement processes.
– Supporting the documentation of Verizons end-to-end processes to identify transformation opportunities.
– Driving business process improvements and efficiencies across different functions.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
The internship will be a hybrid model (combined virtual/work from home and in-office experience). You must be willing to travel for orientation and travel up to 40% (up to 4 weeks) of the internship program to Basking Ridge, NJ.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in an MBA program majoring in Strategy, Data Analytics, Consulting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing or a related field, with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Four or more years of work experience in Corporate Strategy, Operations, Data Analytics, Management Consulting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Business Modeling, or a related field.
– Demonstrated experience creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to align to Basking Ridge, NJ work location.
– Willingness to travel to your assigned work location for up to 40% of the internship program.
Even better if you have:
– Demonstrated experience structuring an approach to multifaceted problems and providing actionable recommendations.
– Experience in the following areas: financial analysis, business modeling, change management or Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
– Experience with a management consulting company or in-house consulting Company.
– Demonstrated strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
– Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Proven track record of handling extremely confidential information appropriately.
– Experience facilitating cross-functional workshops.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.