Verite Group, Inc (VGI) is a 100% employee-owned custom software company supporting government missions and private sector enterprises for almost two decades. Verite Educational Services (VES), a spin-off from VGI, is a consulting firm that combines our technical and education expertise to build collaborative partnerships with states, school systems, and organizations providing innovative solutions to help these organization focus on their missions. Our education expertise spans early childhood, K-12, and higher education settings.
JOB TITLE: Educational Services Intern – R21-044
PROJECT OVERVIEW: The VES intern will assist in two main areas – with VES education consulting and with the Tutor Time 4U pilot program. Tutor Time 4U was developed to support students returning to in-person learning and to support teachers in high need districts. The VES internship is 20 hours a week at $15/hour with flexible hours. Internships are a minimum of three months in length.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. VES Education Consulting
· Support current and emerging education consulting projects
· Research and response preparation for project proposals
· Support needs assessment, strategic planning, and evaluation
· Continue development of communication strategies and the VES website
2. Tutor Time 4U Pilot Program
· Research state and regional needs for tutoring services and/or full-time remote teachers
· Research on impacts of tutoring interventions for students in high need school districts, students with disabilities, and English language learners
· Conduct needs assessments and implementation evaluation of pilot program
· Develop communication strategies and outreach documents
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Enrolled in or Completed masters or doctorate program in education or related field
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in grant writing
· Research coursework completed
· Ability to work independently
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Experience in websites and/or marketing
WORK LOCATION: Fully remote and/or in-person (Dulles, VA)
TRAVEL: There is no travel for this position.
KEY WORDS: Education, Research, Grant
VGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.