At Veo, we’re bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through electric bikes and scooters . We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation to make the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. Our mission is to offer the best combination of multi-modal sharing technology and seamless customer service, so users can unlock joy in their day! We’re looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own solutions.
(This position is eligible for Remote-US work)
As a Data Analyst, you will help us create an outstanding experience for our riders in markets all over the U.S. You will apply your passion for problem solving, planning and execution through data-based decision making by driving day-to-day execution of new initiatives and providing critical insights that will guide decisions on future enhancements and net new functionality to accelerate growth. We’re a Chicago-based startup but this opportunity is also open to remote US candidates.
What You’ll Do
- Perform advanced analytics to unlock actionable insights and solve large problems.
- Be part of a growing and diverse team that drives program growth at an accelerated pace.
- Design analytics tools/visualizations used in real time by ground operations (Market Managers, Field Technicians, etc.)
- Collaborate with leadership to derive metrics that drive our success
- Use SQL to aggregate disparate data sources to help decision makers understand the core story
- Automate ETL/ELT pipelines
- Interact with key APIs to pipe data into our data warehouse
- Build beautiful and intuitive dashboards in Tableau
- Act as subject matter expert on all parts of the analytics lifecycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand all aspects of Veo’s business and support their respective goals and initiatives
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in an analytical subject (physics, economics, engineering, social sciences, computer science, business analytics, etc.)
- Self-motivated with very close attention to detail
- 2+ years performing quantitative analysis and building analytics products with an ability to work cross-functionally
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with Python/R (Python preferred)
- Experience with Tableau/Power BI/Looker/Sisense
- Familiarity with data warehouses such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift, or deep knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Obsesses over data quality, analysis accuracy, and clean code
- Able to formulate tractable problems for solution development as well able to effectively communicate key findings through written and verbal mediums
- Strategic thinker with a bias for execution
- Able to quickly learn new coding and analysis skills that are needed to effectively complete aspects of insight development
- Dental/medical/vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth technology company
- Unlimited Veo credits
- Commitment to professional development and career growth
- Opportunity to work on one of the world’s most challenging problems