Boston, MA and San Jose, CA
Vectra AI delivers a new class of advanced threat defense that delivers real-time detection and response for cloud and network intrusions. Vectra technology picks up where perimeter security leaves off by providing deep, continuous analysis of both on-premises network traffic and cloud-computing activity to automatically detect all phases of a breach.
Vectra directly analyzes traffic and log metadata in real-time using a combination of data science, machine learning, and behavioral analysis to detect malicious and anomalous behaviors. Detected events are correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context, enabling faster response and remediation. Vectra’s machine learning generalizes to new approaches and tools, keeping customers protected even as attack techniques evolve.
Be on the leading edge of applying machine learning and data modeling to the world of advanced cyber security. As part of the Data Science team you will directly impact the product by modeling complex problems and developing production software. You will develop these models and algorithms in collaboration with Security Researchers, who are experts in cyber security attack techniques. This work provides the core detection capability for our customers.
- Leverage large datasets to develop machine-learning and statistical models that can differentiate between normal and attack behavior.
- Own the prototyping, development, and testing of complex detection algorithms that implement these models and provide customers with real-time visibility.
- Analyze detection algorithm performance and present key findings to business leaders.
- Collaborate with Security Research, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering teammates.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Hands-on experience with machine-learning and statistical techniques
- Strong experience with Python and object-oriented programming
- Ability to work with datasets using SQL or other libraries (pandas, numpy, etc.)
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms
- Linux and Git proficiency
- Familiarity with Spark, Flink, or other distributed computing systems
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Database experience (SQL or NoSQL variants)
- Experience working in a software development team
- Programming experience in C++, Scala/Java, Go, or other languages