About the role:
Vecna Robotics seeks a leader with industry experience to oversee the Robot Software Team. Reporting to the Director of Software, this role is responsible for leading the team that develops embedded software for the full range of Robots. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in the Robotics Software industry, with strong leadership skills. This position is a full-time, salaried role with benefits.
Included in this role, but not limited to, you will:
- Define the team processes, roles and necessary skills
- Manage team planning and workload based on Company’s priorities
- Ensure quality of deliverables in a timely manner with a control of induced cost
- Define the Level of Effort (LOE) for new features
- Manage team performance using KPIs
- Hire additional team members
- Collaborate with the program management team to ensure software is released according to product development targets
- Commit to excellence: manage to deadlines, execute to established goals, and maintain high-quality delivery
- Identify, mitigate, and escalate risks, as necessary and appropriate
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of robotics software development, ideally in a leadership role; Masters a plus.
- The right attitude, including but not limited to the following qualities: collaborative, thoughtful, team- oriented, honest, level-headed, strategic, driven, perseverant, inquisitive, and creative. Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Robust knowledge of standard engineering process, including phase gate and design reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in rapid growth and transformative environments.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.