Robotics Deployment Engineer
Vecna Robotics seeks a Robotics Deployment Engineer to work directly with customers to bring an automated system to life. The Robotics Deployment Engineer will assist in onsite deployment operations and serve as an on-site Vecna Robotics presence from the start of deployment until the system is operating in production. The ideal candidate is excited about automation, is highly motivated and detail oriented. This is a full-time, salaried role.
In this role, you will:
- Perform on-site hardware, software, and networking set-up of autonomous robots and systems.
- Serve as an on-site problem solver and coordinate the deployment of solutions while working closely with the project manager and deployment engineering manager.
- Develop an understanding of a customer’s existing operations and workflows, and complete a site configuration for our automated solution.
- Ensure all system performance expectations are achieved.
- Log all site issues found onsite into the tracking system for teams in engineering, deployment, and support.
- Refine customer/site workflows and ensure our systems fit into all customer operational processes.
- Communicate with project manager and technical leads on client relationship and priority issues.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the customer.
- Travel extensively, between 75% and 100%.
What we are looking for:
- BS in Engineering or other technical degree, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering.
- In depth knowledge and experience with mechanical and software based diagnostic tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with using metrics and data analysis to support or drive the right or most beneficial process improvements.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and high-energy culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate project information to any level of the company.
- Ability to travel ~75%-100% of each month for this role.
- Prior technical automation/robotics experience preferred.
- Experience with Linux is a plus.
- Experience working in warehouse settings is a plus.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous materials handling robots and orchestration software for warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing. Our technology is designed to work seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible pallet moves in dynamic environments. As a growing market leader for collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and approach problem solving with a customer-centric point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, enthusiasm, and learning. We aim to work smarter, learn faster, live safer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.