Vecna Robotics seeks a full-time software developer to join the Enterprise Software team. The Enterprise team provides tools for monitoring and interacting with all aspects of our solution, including web applications for site deployment and robot support, integrations with client work-management systems, visualizations of system metrics, and end-user tablet UIs. These tools allow users to interact with, monitor, support, and control robots in the field.
The selected candidate will develop full stack solutions that address challenges that lie at the intersection of enterprise web applications and robotic systems, of human interactions and automation, and of cutting-edge web technologies and robotic frameworks. These solutions will reliably perform increasingly complex tasks in dynamic environments that reach far beyond typical web applications.
The ideal candidate is thoughtful, with excellent communication skills, enjoys learning and getting feedback, is comfortable working independently, and is excited to take ownership of their projects.
This role is part of a diverse, high performing team dedicated to making a real-world impact using advanced, creative technologies. This is a full-time, salaried position.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop new features for our tools based on requirements from clients and internal stakeholders.
- Identify areas for improvement and propose solutions in areas beyond feature requirements, such as performance, configurability, monitoring, reporting, upgrade path, and security.
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on a full deployment.
- Root-cause and resolve bugs, during QA and for production sites.
- Provide valuable code review feedback to team members.
- Maintain a client-centered mindset while weighing engineering trade-offs.
What we are looking for:
- A BS in computer science or a related major; at least 2 years industry experience, OR at least 4 years industry experience without a degree.
- Thorough understanding of software design principles:
- OOP Principles: Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance, Abstraction, etc.
- Software Design: Algorithms, Data Structures, IoC, DRY, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- AWS, Tableau
- Robotic or IoT platforms
- Tomcat, Maven, Spring, Postgres, Hibernate, JAX-RS, RabbitMQ, Backbone
- Web development for mobile devices
- Systems integrations
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous materials handling robots and orchestration software for warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing. Our technology is designed to work seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible pallet moves in dynamic environments. As a growing market leader for collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and approach problem solving with a customer-centric point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, enthusiasm, and learning. We aim to work smarter, learn faster, live safer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.