Location: Cambridge, MA
Vaxess Technologies is developing next generation vaccines and therapies based on its proprietary silk technology. MIMIX™ enables sustained intradermal delivery of vaccines and therapeutics to enhance efficacy and simplify administration. We are committed to enabling products that are not only more effective, but also more accessible to patients around the world.
Research and development at Vaxess is cross-disciplinary, integrating chemistry, biology, immunology, and engineering to address important unmet medical needs. We are seeking talented, collaborative, and highly motivated individuals with interest in furthering the development of our MIMIX platform to assist our core team of scientists and engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be a key part of a rapidly expanding startup bringing innovative technology to the vaccine and therapeutic markets.
The co-op position will be within the Research and Development team supporting early-stage product development activities including identifying formulations that maintain shelf stability and achieve ideal release of vaccine. Responsibilities include hands-on support for lab activities including:
- Working with the team to design studies, execute experiments, analyze data, troubleshoot challenges, and communicate results.
- Using analytical methods to quantitate vaccine potency through various steps of the manufacturing process and characterize vaccine release from the MIMIX patch
- Maintaining a complete and accurate electronic laboratory notebook.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to support product development and manufacturing activities.
- In pursuit of BS or MS in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a lab, with knowledge of general lab safety protocols and basic lab procedures, including pipetting and solution preparation.
- Ideal candidates may also have specific experience with one or more of the following: formulation, drug delivery, cell-based assays, ELISA, mRNA analytics, and assay development and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced research environment.
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated abilities to learn new skills and fields, creatively solve challenging technical problems, think independently, and work collaboratively in diverse multidisciplinary teams.
Vaxess, a venture-backed clinical-stage life sciences company, is building a team of exceptional people to rapidly advance products on the MIMIX™ platform. We work closely as a team and thrive in a dynamic, exciting, and engaging work environment. If you’re interested in joining the Vaxess team, please submit your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.