The Sr. Tax Analyst performs general tax and related finance activities. Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of the Company’s domestic and international tax calculations. Assists with ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance related to taxes. This position reports to the Director of Tax.
- Partner in the overall management and preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision prepared by third party service providers in accordance with ASC 740, including related financial reporting matters.
- Prepare periodic reconciliations of tax general ledger accounts.
- Assist with SEC reporting (tax disclosures within the Form 10Q and 10K filings).
- Manage and/or assist in the preparation of US Federal, state and foreign income tax and non-income tax/informational returns with third party service providers.
- Maintain the worldwide tax compliance calendar by working with third party service providers.
- Calculate and prepare quarterly Federal and state estimated tax payments.
- Assist with the preparation of annual R&D/Orphan Drug Credit calculations.
- Perform research, document and present findings on issues affecting the Company’s worldwide tax structure.
- Assist with ongoing review of and maintenance of tax policies and controls in accordance with SOX 404.
- Work closely with various groups within the organization including finance and legal in order to facilitate information gathering as well as further understanding of the company’s activities.
- Manage and/or prepare preparation of non-income based filings (i.e. sales and use tax, property tax, etc.).
- Assist in the initiation, management and implementation of tax planning projects.
- Minimum 3 years of corporate tax or public accounting experience (with a Big 4 firm).
- CPA required and Masters in Taxation strongly preferred.
- BA/BS business/accounting/finance or other applicable business discipline.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on laws and regulations relevant to tax.
- Ability to provide education and training to financial management on important issues.
- Demonstrated project and program management skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work well in dynamic environment while consistently exercising good judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a critical attention to detail.
- Must have sound interpersonal, communication, organization and analytic skills.
- Strong understanding of US corporate tax and general understanding of international tax.
- Expert proficiency with Excel.
- Life Sciences experience is a plus.