Vanda is seeking a Software Engineer who will primarily be responsible designing, developing and implementing web and mobile applications. This will involve collaborative designing of software processes, database schemas, interfaces and process rules in order to meet the needs of the business.
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in computer science, mathematics or related quantitative field.
- 5 or more years of development experience with production releases.
- 3 or more years of experience in a Ruby on Rails environment.
- Understanding of Redis, Mongo, RabbitMQ and other data storage and message queue systems. Specifically the risks and potential shortfalls they bring vs the benefits and use cases they for which they are best suited.
- Heavily focused and capable on backend software.
- Experienced with SQL in different flavors, such as MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL.
- At least 1 project on production utilizing React.js
- Heavily experienced in horizontal scaling and background processing.
- Deep understanding of the benefits and pitfalls of cloud based scaling.
- Good organizational and communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative environment, and a desire to improve skills are essential.