Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients. We are looking for a Neuroscience District Sales Manager (DSM) who wants to join an innovative and dynamic sales organization. We are seeking a top talent to join our high performance sales team to make a difference in patient’s lives every day and be part of building a great company. Vanda Pharmaceuticals provides that unique opportunity. This position offers a competitive compensation package.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Mid-Atlantic DSM is responsible for effectively leading, coaching and managing a team of eight Neuroscience Sales Representatives. The DSM will be responsible for driving key strategic initiatives and leading the strategy execution within their district. The district geography includes eight territories that cover the following states: Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and South Carolina. The DSM will be responsible for driving business results through effective cross-functional leadership and collaboration with Sales Leadership, Medical Affairs and other key internal and external stakeholders.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years in Pharmaceuticals industry with 4 years of Sales Management
- Specialty experience preferred: CNS, psychiatry, schizophrenia, bipolar or depression, other specialty experience will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain and develop high performing team of specialty sales representatives
- Documented high performance of sales and leadership track record
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and business acumen
- Must reside near major airport within the district
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and flexibility in an innovative work environment
- Experience in small company and start-up work environments
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Goal and results driven – proven track record of above average results
- Excellent people management/supervisory skills; strong ability to develop and coach specialty sales representatives, and the ability to lead and mentor the team.
- Highly clinical, patient centric and tactical with excellent communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, written)
- Outstanding work ethic, Self-motivated
- Dynamic, High-impact individual
- Effective selling and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to read situations quickly and adjust for roadblocks
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.