The Clinical Pharmacist is primarily responsible for working the reimbursement process to obtain Hetlioz coverage. This individual works cross-functionally and collaboratively with HetliozSolutions (the Hub), Market Access, and Commercial Operations. In addition, the Clinical Pharmacist plays a critical role in providing timely feedback / recommendations to Market Access Leadership.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Clinical Pharmacist role encompasses three key areas – Tactical Execution, Business Planning and Reimbursement Management.
· Apply a deep understanding of the payer environment to handle reimbursement effectively and efficiently.
· Lead the planning process for his/her assigned geography that –
o Aligns with Vanda’s overall goals for helping to ensure that patients are not faced with avoidable and unreasonable hurdles when attempting to access drug therapy prescribed by their physician;
o Considers customer, market, industry, and organization needs
· Coordinate Prior Authorization requirements and reimbursement denials generated by Market Access accounts.
Education and/or Experience:
· PharmD required
· Three to five years related experience in pharmacy or specialty pharmaceutical/biotech reimbursement with a strong understanding of managed care, pharmacy benefits managers and government payers and their impact of product access.
· Other commercial experience (i.e., Market Access, Training, Marketing, etc.) is preferred.
· Current, in-depth knowledge of current trends in reimbursement modalities
· Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful initiatives
· Ability to effectively compete for resources both with internal and external customers
· Proven leadership skills and strong business acumen
· Well-developed relationship management and consultative skills
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Strong project management and analytical thinking skills
· Demonstrated initiative, and strategic relationship building