- Responsible for promoting and facilitating the adoption and appropriate use of HETLIOZ™, the first treatment approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24)
- Frequent collaboration with the Case Management regarding PDP strategies
- Frequent collaboration with Regional Sales Director to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Analyze local market, develop, execute and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement and monitor optimal resource (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advance selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build and leverage advocacy channels.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance to all laws, regulations and Vanda Policies.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA degree required, MA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years successful biotech/pharmaceutical sales experience
- Account management, institutional sales or sales management experience
- Specific sales experience with Sleep Specialists and Psychiatrists
- Specialty pharmacy and reimbursement experience
- Proactive, adaptable and excels in innovative and dynamic work environments
- Demonstration of high-impact communication, high emotional IQ and influence skills
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships
- Proven ability to effectively work independently and on highly interdependent teams
- Proven track record for delivering customer value and sales results
- Strong clinical and scientific knowledge and acumen
- Superior organization skills, prioritization skills and demonstration of sound judgment
- Dedicated excellence in-patient care
- Overnight travel will be required