- Responsible for promoting and facilitating the adoption and appropriate use of HETLIOZ™, the first treatment approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24)
- Frequent collaboration with the Case Management regarding PDP strategies
- Frequent collaboration with Regional Sales Director to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Analyze local market, develop, execute and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement and monitor optimal resource (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advance selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build and leverage advocacy channels.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance to all laws, regulations and Vanda Policies.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA degree required, MA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years successful biotech/pharmaceutical sales experience
- Account management, institutional sales or sales management experience
- Specific sales experience with Sleep Specialists and Psychiatrists
- Specialty pharmacy and reimbursement experience
- Proactive, adaptable and excels in innovative and dynamic work environments
- Demonstration of high-impact communication, high emotional IQ and influence skills
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships
- Proven ability to effectively work independently and on highly interdependent teams
- Proven track record for delivering customer value and sales results
- Strong clinical and scientific knowledge and acumen
- Superior organization skills, prioritization skills and demonstration of sound judgment
- Dedicated excellence in-patient care
- Overnight travel will be required
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. The base salary range is $82,000 to $130,000. This position is also eligible for incentive compensation. Vanda maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, and market conditions. Candidates are typically placed into the range based on these factors as well as internal peer equity. Vanda offers health insurance, unlimited paid time off, parental leave, a 401k matching program, a car allowance, and other benefits to its employees.