Performs engineering valve design functions for the development of new products and for the modification of existing products, in accordance with corporate strategic plans.
• Design and develop prototype models and methods to validate design concepts and final design including required supporting engineering calculations.
• Validate design with team members and approve design changes.
• Report progress and unusual project occurrences to the Engineering Manager or Project Engineer.
• Confer, work closely and obtain the necessary results with manufacturing, quality assurance, production, vendors and contractors regarding the various aspects of product design projects.
• Work with engineering support groups to check final designs and modify designs as appropriate.
• Interact with all company support departments to resolve manufacturing problems and to improve product quality and the ease of manufacturing.
• Keep abreast of technological developments and opportunities in the field to assist with incorporating design innovations.
• Visit customer sites and contractors to validate product design specifications and to resolve product problems.
• Prepare project time reports as scheduled.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering, or related engineering degree.
• 0-3 years of engineering experience.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Effective communication skills – verbal and written
• Open/creative thinker; is an Ideas generator.
• Self starter, organized and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Self directed and establish own priorities to meet needs of organization
• Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to prepare design drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software and support design with calculations using MathCAD software.
• Strong understanding of geometric tolerance techniques based on ANSI Y14.5M-1994
• Fluid handling device engineering (valves, pumps etc.) a plus.
We offer an excellent Benefit Package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription, Flexible Spending and 401K Plan
If you’re ready for a challenge and would like to be a part of a growing team, please submit your resume for consideration.