Instructional Design Internship
We are looking for a creative and detail-oriented person who knows how to look at an online course from the learner’s perspective. You will be working with our top-notch team of instructional designers and production specialists to build high-quality, engaging online courses in the area of health and wellness, business, and environmental stewardship. You will be working on the following tasks:
· Create engaging online learning activities and compelling course content
· Shadow instructional designers in their work with subject matter experts—both faculty members and industry professionals
· Assist in developing course blueprints outlining learning objectives, assessments, and activities
· Build online courses in the learning management system to be accurate and visually pleasing
· Create material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.)
· Create different tools for measurement, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
· Maintain project documentation and course folders
There are other duties expected in this internship that include but are not limited to:
· Assist with user account creation and management
· Respond to student questions about course access
Working knowledge of learning management systems, Blackboard learning management system preferred. Eagerness to learn new educational technologies. Excellent communication skills, accuracy, and familiarity with online learning are required. Remote work possible.
UVM Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) provides flexible and relevant educational offerings at all stages of life. We provide community access to the resources of the University through a diverse portfolio of educational offerings. The Online Education team is passionate and knowledgeable about the value of online learning and is dedicated to producing quality educational experiences. We employ creative solutions to meet learners’ needs.
This is a paid part-time internship starting in January 2022 with the possibility of full-time work into the summer. To apply, submit your resume to: Amanda.Desmond@uvm.edu.