Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of “most promising AI companies in America.” Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart’s AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart’s patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Customer Experience Associate at Upstart, you will guide borrowers through the application process over the phone, chat, and email and work alongside an intelligent and motivated team, gaining exposure to all aspects of FinTech operations in a high-growth startup environment.
Details about Applying:
We will review every application in consideration for current or future roles. There is no need to apply to this position multiple times. **Please check your Spam/Junk mail for Upstart emails after applying!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience by guiding applicants through the application process via inbound and outbound phone, chat, and email support.
- Identify and implement creative process improvements to enhance the overall customer experience for all applicants.
- Complete other projects or tasks as assigned to aid in the operational goals of the customer experience team and operations as a whole.
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in customer service, phone support, or similar
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to address applicants in an objective yet empathetic manner
- Impeccable judgment and acute attention to detail
- BA / BS degree or Associates degree
- Previous experience in banking, lending, or at a startup
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.