Executive Assistant for Vice Chancellor for External Affairs and Chief of Staff
University of South Carolina Upstate
Working directly with the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant provides executive and administrative support for a wide range of duties. The position requires independent judgment, precision, excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills to provide professional level work in analysis, research and preparation of a variety of reports, tracking, contact history and administrative support with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Manages, prioritizes and coordinates the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff’s calendar to include preparation/provision of all information and materials for briefing the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff on meetings and events. Serve as Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff’s liaison with students, staff, faculty, community, executives and professional organizations. Will setup meetings, reserve venues, confirm meetings, and organize travel. Handles professional correspondence (confidential and general).
- Based on the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff’s calendar, plans, organizes and drafts/prepares/provision of all information and presentations/reports to be utilized by the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff for meetings and events. Manage work flow in a timely and accurate manner. Liaise with appropriate departments (i.e. College Deans/Programs Directors, University Advancement, Enrollment Services, Institutional Research, etc.) to obtain/maintain information and resources. Drill down, expand and synthesize information/data for presentations or meetings.
- Tracks meetings, prepares summary records and contact briefs in a timely manner. Coordinates with University Advancement for prospect research and contact information, and enetr prospect activity and contact reports in the alumni and donor database. Organizes and maintains information needed for all department scope and vision.
- Administer departmental paperwork – e.g.,forms, receipts and reimbursements, expenditures, credit card and budget review utilizing various online systems.
- Provide administrative support for the Special Assistant to the Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Title IX Coordinator, and Director of Special Projects.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
This position will be a full-time temporary position with the expectation to be filled as a full-time position after two years.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency. Will have professional, executive assistant level experience. Successful background check is required.
Experience in an higher education setting.
Salary: $19.23 – $21.63; hourly rate is based on education and experience.
For full job description and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/108645
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.