Company: University of California, San Francisco
Position Title: Bronchoscopy Technician
Department: Cardiovascular Research Institute
Location: Parnassus Heights (SF)
Position Type: Full Time
Work Days/Shift: Monday – Friday, varies
Requisition #: 60726BR
The Bronchoscopy Technician is an essential team member of the Bronchoscopy Service. The Bronchoscopy Technician is fully responsible for performing all of the key responsibilities listed below, including setting up the equipment prior to the procedures, providing local anesthesia to the patient, assisting the bronchoscopist with handling of procedure instruments, collection of samples, and cleaning up after the procedures. In addition, the Bronchoscopy Technician generates reports, bills and maintains inventory of all equipment and disposable supplies.
The Bronchoscopy Service is a procedural unit of the Adult Pulmonary Laboratories, Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) and the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division. It provides the equipment, supplies, and trained technical personnel to assist the Pulmonary Attending Physicians and Interventional Pulmonologists when they perform bronchoscopies. These procedures may be conducted as part of the clinical evaluation and/or treatment of patients seen on the Inpatient Consult Service, the Lung Transplant Service and the Interventional Pulmonology Medicine Service. These procedures are also conducted as part of certain clinical research protocols carried out by the Pulmonary Attending Physicians. The service also provides training for medical residents and Pulmonary Fellows during their rotations on the Pulmonary Service at Moffitt-Long Hospitals.
The job will involve the ability to push a heavy cart containing equipment and supplies.
The Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) performs cutting edge research illuminating cardiovascular and pulmonary biology and disease and trains clinicians and scientists to become future leaders of these fields.
The CVRI provides a home for a wide spectrum of investigation ranging from the most basic science to disease-focused and patient-based research. It also links faculty interested in cardiovascular biology and disease across UCSF programs, departments and campuses. The diversity of CVRI’s faculty and its collaborative culture fosters a multidisciplinary approach to research problems and provides an important bridge between UCSF’s outstanding clinical and basic science departments.
· BA/BS degree in Biological Sciences or another applicable natural science major; or 2 years of college courses in the natural sciences plus 2 years of applicable experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Maintain environmental health and safety training, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training
· Prior experience working with (extremely ill) patients in a hospital or clinic setting
· Ability to deal with a variety of people, including (extremely ill) patients
· Ability to perform local anesthesia to patients
· Ability to assist with handling biopsy forceps, brushes and biopsy needles
· Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to work closely with other employees
· Ability to troubleshoot problems independently and in a team setting
· Able to communicate effectively with patients and be sensitive to their needs
· Ability to adapt to multiple demands/high volume work environment
· Ability to work with a variety of personalities
· Ability to use statistics
In order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. Once you complete the online application process, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received. Submitting your resume to UCSF opens the door to many immediate and ongoing job opportunities. Your resume will remain active in our applicant database and you will be able to update it as needed.
To submit your resume online go to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=6495&siteid=5861#jobDetails=3179746_5861
Emailed applications are not accepted.
Apply specifically to requisition # 60726BR
An email address is required for you to submit your resume.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.