Computational Scientist (Bioinformatics)
(Actual title dependent upon experience)
Universal Sequencing Technology Corporation, a biotech company headquartered in Greater Boston with a branch in San Diego, is looking for a talented and versatile individual to join its growing team as a Computational Scientist. This is a unique opportunity to work on company’s novel Linked-Read technology (TELL-Seq) for the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms that enables many previously unachievable applications.
· Strong programming experience in C/C++, Java, Python, Perl, Shell scripting.
· Strong experience with NGS DNA sequence data analysis pipelines
· Strong experience developing bioinformatics algorithms in NGS genomic data analysis
· Strong experience developing tools for numerical data analysis and simulation
· Experience building and releasing commercial or open source software
· Experience and/or strong knowledge in cloud computing (AWS) a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and develop noval algorithms for sequence alignment, Structural Variation detections and de novo assembly for TELL-Seq data
· Design and develop software for applications in Structural Variation detections, de novo assembly and metagenomics
· Metagenomics data analysis application development (visualizations for relative abundance, species richness and diversity)
· Human (and other host genomes) microbiome data analysis and computational pipeine development
· Phasing pipeline deveopment for polyploid genomes
· Participate in preclinic and clinic research application R&D and application notes development (microbiome, cancer, etc.)
· Investigate and integrate open source software for use with our proprietary technologies
· Work with internal and/or external users to develop and support customized solutions based on our core products
· Actively participate in all phases of SDLC, including development, testing, bug fixing and user support.
· Write and maintain good documentations, such as, software specifications, architecture designs, testing plans and deployment plans.
· Other work and project assignments as required.
PhD in computer science, bioinformatics or related field with 0-3 years of postdoctoral experience
MSc in computer science, bioinformatics or related field with at least 5 years of post-graduate experience
Work well both independently and in a team environment
Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Interested candidates please submit a copy of updated resume with cover letter to email@example.com