United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens — having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society — will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of “medicines for life”. We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
How you’ll contribute
Contribute to all biostatistical activities related to various company-sponsored and investigator-sponsored clinical studies and internal/external investigator queries of UT databases.
- Act as Lead project statistician for assigned phase I to IV clinical trials
- Collaborate with clinical, statistical programming and data management personnel as necessary to achieve clinical trial goals
- Perform appropriate design, sample size estimation, randomization specifications, statistical analysis plan development, and data analysis
- Coordinate with the Medical Affairs team and other stakeholders to provide biostatistical resources for investigator-sponsored clinical studies and internal/external investigator queries of UT clinical databases
- Provide critical input, review, and approval of submitted investigator-sponsored clinical studies, external investigator queries of UT databases, abstracts, manuscripts, and posters
- Communicate highly technical issues to non-statisticians and translate clinical questions into statistical analyses as needed
- Discuss and resolve issues or concerns with statistical analyses with external investigators and internal colleagues as needed
- Develop and maintain knowledge of cardiopulmonary and respiratory therapeutics areas
- Perform other duties as required
For this role you will need
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in statistics or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience including part time experience or a combination of doctoral and post-doctoral experience
- Ability to apply a wide range of statistical skills and adapt them to suit what is needed
- Ability to work flexibly and multi-task as needed across a broad spectrum of statistical study-related activities
- Proficient with SAS (base programming, macro language, SAS/GRAPH)
- Proficient with graphing software (SAS, Excel, R, etc.)
- Maintain a good understanding of clinical development and regulatory processes
- Proficient working in a PC/Windows environment
- Ability to manage workload and prioritize appropriately to ensure timely communication of deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary and respiratory therapeutic areas
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged… all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities