Who We Are and What We Do
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston is dedicated to building a strong network of global citizens in the Boston area. We inform, inspire and mobilize members of the community to engage with critical global issues central to the work and mission of the United Nations.
Our Education Team furthers this mission by creating opportunities for young people to develop as productive global citizens through the experience of Model UN as a learning platform. Through our educational program, we equip the next generation of globally-minded civic leaders with key 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking. We reach nearly 100 schools and over 5,000 students each year and plan to expand our reach and impact over the next few years.
UNAGB is currently looking for 2-3 Education Institute Interns to join the UNAGB team for the 2022 Spring semester to help run our youth programming.
- Primary: Research and write topic guides focusing on a wide variety of global issues (human rights, international security, environment, etc.) and help run our Spring Institute in Global Leadership Program. This includes engaging and interacting with youth ages 12-18, giving presentations, and making sure the program runs smoothly.
- Perform various operations and materials creation tasks supporting UNAGB education programs
- Attend and help run Model UN Conferences and other the Institute in Global Leadership Program
Qualifications and requirements:
- Exceptionally strong communication, research, and writing skills required
- Model UN, Model Congress, or Speech & Debate experience preferred
- Teaching and Working with youth experience
- Detail-oriented; Self-motivated and self-directed, organized, and punctual
- Collaborative and experienced in working with teams
- Has completed relevant coursework; majoring in international relations, economics, history, political science, education, or a related field
- Time commitment: 16-24 hours a week, primarily Monday-Friday, as well as a few Saturday and evening programs. A minimum of 16 hours a week is required for the internship.
- This internship is offered both remotely and hybrid
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadlines: Dec 1st, 2021
Due to the high volume of applications received, we only reply to those who will be moving forward in the interview process. If contacted, applicants will be asked to participate in a zoom interview and submit a writing sample.