Our Graphic Designer will contribute to solidifying Umamicart’s visual identity; designing everything from new physical collateral like mailers, to digital assets that live on our social channels or website, to ad creatives for new campaigns. A strong sense of brand is a must, as well as a willingness to handle everything from simple execution of small design needs, to larger creative projects that they will take from inception to reality.
The ideal candidate has worked directly for a consumer startup or at a relevant branding agency, and is passionate about the food space.
• Produce final design assets (like social posts, email templates, website updates, online ads, etc)
• Pitch creative ideas
• Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
• Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
• Ensure marketing team has all creative assets in the correct formats needed
• Proficient in design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Proficient in motion and ability to create animated creatives with overlays, light video editing (Aftereffects)
• Proven ability to bring creative assets from idea to execution quickly and frequently
• Design training and strong understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
• A strong portfolio of previous branding or creative work
• A keen eye for aesthetics and details
• Prior design experience at a branding agency or consumer startup
• Deep understanding of social media strategy, community management, and a pulse on current events and culture.
Umamicart is connecting ethnic suppliers, big and small, directly to consumers, and serving a growing market of $40B+ in the US alone. Our mission is to celebrate ethnic cuisines, starting with Pan-Asian, by making true staples easily accessible to everyone. We use technology, data and just-in-time logistics to provide the best quality and customer experience to our clients. We are incubated by FJ Labs, a venture capital firm based in NY that has invested in leading marketplace and food startups in the world, such as Airbnb, Uber, Flexport, Delivery Hero, Boxed, and Slice.