Industrial Design Internship – Hardware and Design Department of UBTECH RDNA
As an Industrial Design intern at UBTECH North America Research and Development Center (UBTECH NARDC), you will work closely with our talented Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and PM team to develop concepts and vision for our next-generation service robotic products.
You are not attending shadow sessions here. You will be invited to share your insights and make critical design decisions with our ID team. This role reports to the Director of the Department of Hardware and Design.
Job Type: Internship
- Assist the PM, Engineering & Industrial Design teams to research potential customers and competitors, and develop design proposals for our new service robotic products.
- Generate inspiring and compelling sketches to illustrate your ideas and visions on our future robotic products.
- Create renderings in ID software and develop 3D models to illustrate these ideas and collect feedback and improve designs through iterations.
- Build prototypes of various designs to help the team visualize the design concepts.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers to develop an appealing design that also meets manufacturing requirements for mass production at a reasonable cost.
- Assist the Industrial Designers to conduct ergonomics and user studies to collect feedbacks on current designs.
- Pursuing an advanced degree in Industrial/Product/Transportation/Entertainment Design.
- Meticulous attention to details and great form development.
- Proficient in Adobe Software, SolidWorks & Keyshot (or other industry standards)
- Experience in 3D Printing, rapid prototyping, and hands-on skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical design and different manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, analytical and artistic. Passionate about robotics and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio showing your thinking process, ideation and great form development.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
UBTECH is a global leading AI and humanoid robotics company and the world’s most valuable AI and Robotics Start-up. At UBTECH, we conduct fundamental research, applied research, and innovative engineering to create various robotic products, which have been significantly impacting the global market and changing the world. As the leader in the intelligent service robot industry, we are the only company, which successfully commercialized humanoid robotic products for consumers in the world.
Our mission is to bring a robot into every home, and truly integrate intelligent robots into the daily lives of everyone creating a more intelligent way of life.
The UBTECH North America Research and Development Center is the key business unit and R&D center of defining and creating the next-generation robotic products. We push the boundaries of R&D in the Service Robotic Industry and create game-changing products which fundamentally influence the human and robot ecosystem.
Location: Pasadena, CA.