**THIS IS TO AMENDEXC-21-044-PDC-11061163 (CHANGING DUTY STATION FROM FT. WORTH TO ALL OF THE UNITED STATES). IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED TOEXC-21-044-PDC-11061163, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
**CURRENT EMPLOYEES NEED NOT APPLY.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON. FINAL PAY RATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY EMPLOYEE’S HOME ADDRESS AND IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Due to the amount of mandatory overtime, outside employment is strongly discouraged.
As an Attorney Adviser (Gen) at the GS-0905-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Research and provide interpretation of the disaster loan program’s laws, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures to provide guidance and support to program managers and loan officers.
- Review draft loan authorizations for all loans, as required, and for cases involving non-routine conditions, facts or other circumstances.
- Ensure loan application compliance with legal requirements, eligibility, capacity, and authority of the borrowers to incur debt, validity of proposed pledge of collateral etc.
- Use computer based systems to identify if all needed loan closing documents are received and to provide necessary instructions for proper creation of documents by others.
- Address inquiries and concerns of borrowers and their authorized representatives regarding legal issues and requirements of closing and legal basis of various terms, conditions and collateral requirements
- Salary is non-negotiable; however additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee’s residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is telework eligible as determined by agency policy. Employees’ primary residence will be their ONLY duty station and work location.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
- Current and active member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the US, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and eligible to practice law.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify based on experience, education or a combination of both.
Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer or that experience will not be credited for meeting the specialized experience requirement.
GS-09: To qualify you must have completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD).
GS-11: To qualify you must have completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD); AND have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-09 level in the Federal service practicing law.
All An applicants must have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have at least the first professional law degree (LLB or JD). Also, and A applicants must currently be a member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and eligible to practice law.
Qualification Standards: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards
If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applications will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted directly if selected.