Twist is looking for a Scientist to join our R&D Team. You will work alongside molecular and computational biologists to further deliver on our mission to extend and improve our synthetic biology portfolio. You will design experiments, perform analyses, build tools, and collaborate with bench scientists in all aspects of synthetic biology development for a variety of applications. Our ideal candidate will have strong domain knowledge in synthetic biology, excellent programming skills, and deep experience with next-generation sequencing and analysis. Strong communication skills, previous wet lab experience and the ability to work independently are highly preferred.
- Collaborate with R&D Scientists in all phases of R&D work including experimental design, data analysis, and troubleshooting
- Support the combinatorial variant library product line by generating library designs and performing analysis activities, including the development of custom design algorithms
- Write data analysis pipelines to support variant libraries NGS quality control and synthetic biology experiments
- Support the wider R&D team with general bioinformatics needs
Required skills and experience:
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of Molecular Biology laboratory experience
- Strong programming skills, with Python highly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of next-generation sequencing technologies
- Deep experience in Next-Generation Sequencing data analysis including common tools (eg. bwa, GATK, Picard, etc.), file formats (FASTQ, BAM, VCF, BED), and databases (UCSC, Ensembl, NCBI)
- Hands-on experience with analyzing sequencing data from different applications (e.g. CRISPR libraries, protein mutagenesis libraries, barcoding libraries, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of molecular biology as applied to molecular cloning and DNA assembly and library preparation methods
- Hands-on experience with version control
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of peers, including non-bioinformaticians
- Excellent data visualization, communication, and documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with synthetic biology and protein mutagenesis library
- Experience working on bioinformatics projects in an industry setting
- Wide familiarity with NGS sequencing platforms (Illumina, PacBio, Nanopore), and applications
- Experience with python package development
- Strong grounding in statistics
- Familiarity with bioinformatics software platforms (Seven Bridges, Galaxy)
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.