At TutorMe, we’re here to level the academic playing field by empowering students to get the on-demand support they need to achieve their academic goals. Our mission is to make learning fun, engaging, and equitable for all students. We believe in providing learners with the right teachers, tools, and motivation so they can thrive no matter their circumstances.
As the market leader in online tutoring, we have created a cutting-edge online education platform where over 15,000 expert tutors in 300+ subjects can share their knowledge with students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles. Since 2013, TutorMe has been a trusted resource for K-12 school districts, higher education institutions, employers, and nonprofits, supporting over 1.5 million students (and counting!) by providing on-demand 24/7 help with subjects ranging from Algebra to Aerospace Engineering. Join us in the online learning revolution and be a part of a team that’s increasing education equity for all students!
As an intern, you’ll report to the Director of Customer Experience. Learning objectives include an understanding of the logistics behind succeeding in customer experience.
What you’ll do
- Support the Customer Experience (CX) team with daily tasks and to-dos
- Provide exceptional support to students and tutors via Intercom
- Help with quality assurance of tutoring on the platform
- Review tutor applications for approval or denial
- Submit Payment Disputes/Chargeback evidence
- Other tasks, projects, and strategic growth initiatives prioritized by the CX team and company
- Available to work 20+ hours per week
- College Junior or Senior in solid academic standing
- A strong interest in a career in customer experience or operations
- Quick learner; pays close attention to detail
- Passionate about education
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Positive attitude and insatiable appetite for learning
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Have a strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently
- Extremely reliable and responsive
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite applications
What’s you’ll get
- Competitive pay
- Learn to succeed at a fast-paced startup
- Work 100% remotely
- Opportunity to be a key player at a company that’s quickly redefining the boundaries of on-demand academic support
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply.
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.