This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19.
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with a mission to improve the safety and efficiency of the trucking industry. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is developing the industry’s first commercially available L4 autonomous heavy-duty trucks which will operate on the world’s first Autonomous Freight Network.
- Oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers, and content strategists
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Craft designs within existing visual systems and/or standards
- Solicit and provide feedback from partners to continually improve the quality of our products through multiple iterations exploring a range of design options
Experience & Skills Required:
- Enrolled in MS/MA/BS/BA program in HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or STEM majors or related field
- Experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features across a variety of platforms
- Interaction Design experience with the ability to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people’s needs. Ability to use prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Strategic product thinker with the ability to understand product goals, identify opportunities and make decisions based on the impact on people and the company.
- Able to clearly and succinctly articulate the goals of your team.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.