The Manufacturing/Process Engineering Intern will generate work instructions to support build modules, create and maintain work orders, have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally. Ability to derive customer requirements and deadlines. Review drawings and specifications as part of the design review and release process. Create and develop manufacturing process flows. Create and maintain shop floor documents. Possess project management skills.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or
- to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling, and production equipment,
- assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing
- quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing
- methods, using statistical procedures.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
- Able to read and interpret 2D and 3D engineering data, develop the manufacturing and assembly
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a BS program in Mechanical Engineering
- Willing to work onsite at the Tucson facility
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science
- and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the
- design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control,
- costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to
- develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Work with world-class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission-critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more