Patient Transport Dispatcher – Central Transport
- Boston, MA, USA
- Work Address: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Shift: Per Diem
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Hospitality/ Facilities
- Employment Type: Per Diem
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
As a team member of the Central Transportation Department, in addition to the specific responsibilities outlined below, you are expected to demonstrate the vision of the hospital. To accomplish the overall hospital mission, you must exhibit integrity, innovation, commitment
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently applies the corporate values of respect, honesty and fairness and the constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status of the people of the region through the provision of customer-friendly, geographically accessible and high-value services within the environment of a comprehensive integrated academic health care system.
- Prioritizes and dispatches transport requests
- Notifies departments of delays
- Maintains a daily log of all pickups and transportation activity
- Monitoring employee performance (arrivals and destinations)
- Maintains a daily log on employee performance and concerns, notifying department manager of any problems that persist.
- Collects and maintains all department documents such as reports, radio logs, and so on. Also files these reports in the proper place for easy access.
- Dresses in designated uniform and adheres to proper hygiene when reporting to work and performing job duties.
- Adheres to the established policies addressing the confidentiality of patient information.
- Displays positive working relations with team members and customers throughout the hospital communicating positively and appropriately.
- Regularly check Tufts Medical Center emails for updates relating to job functions and hospital policies
- Assists with housekeeping pager coverage and dispatching of housekeepers during night shift hours
- Perform any other tasks as needed and directed by supervisory and management staff
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately on a continuous basis under conditions of constant interruption and frequent pressure.
- Strong work ethic
- Team mentality
- Ability to anticipate customer needs
- Pleasant telephone voice and manner
- Knowledge and ability generally obtained through four years of high school with emphasis on spelling, pronunciation and diction.
- It is expected that all dispatchers are willing to work extra hours when necessary with short notice and maintain a flexible availability.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Three to six months experience in a call center environment and/or related medical facility is a plus.
- Not Applicable
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process. This includes:
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Ability to interpret age specific data and response to care
- Provide age specific communication
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Job requires such physical demands as manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, good vision, pleasant voice, acute hearing and sitting during all working hours.
- Constant telephone contact with hospital staff, patients and families.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.