The Appleton Farms Marketing & Events Intern will focus on supporting the Appleton Team on a broad spectrum of programming, digital marketing, public relations, and customer service responsibilities. Appleton Farms programming and events cultivate appreciation for local food, farms, history, and the environment by connecting the public with agriculture, nature, and the community. This internship will support that work by assisting in the development and planning, marketing, and execution of events like Farmers Markets.
This internship provides the opportunity to gain skills and experience related to marketing, event planning, office administration, and social media. The role is a combination of remote and in-person. The ideal candidates will have the ability to travel to Appleton Farms.
We are seeking candidates who are eager to learn the nuances of working at a nonprofit organization and who are willing to take on the challenges of a start-up endeavor. This is an unpaid position, but course credit may be applicable.
Reports to: Program Coordinator and other property staff as needed
Please note: This is an unpaid internship
Covid-19 Volunteer Safety:
The health and safety of Trustees’ volunteers, staff and visitors is our top priority.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home
- If you have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 or someone displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home
- Volunteers will be required to wear masks while on property
- Volunteers will be required to maintain proper social distancing
- Volunteers will be required to wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival to the property
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Event Promotion – work with staff to create event materials, populate online calendars, create social media packages, and execute events.
- Event Planning and Execution – assist Program Coordinator and other staff in planning events, including duties such as contacting vendors, tracking vendor fees and contracts, scheduling vendors, etc., and assist in running events at Appleton Farms when able
- Outreach and Marketing — create ad hoc social media content, take photos during events, organize photo library, and create flyers and signage for events and general programming needs.
- Volunteer Management – work alongside volunteers and assist Program Coordinator with volunteer scheduling, tracking, coordination, etc.
- Communicate effectively with staff and other volunteers
- Adhere to The Trustees safety protocols
- Log internship hours into Volunteer Connect database weekly
- Previous events or marketing experience, desired
- Interest in sustainability, conservation, food systems, start-up business experience, and/or the nonprofit sector
- Currently pursuing or have recently completed an undergraduate degree, preferred
- Strong communication skills and an outgoing and engaging personality
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of design software including Canva and Adobe systems is a plus
- Highly organized and able to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter and strong collaborator
- Reliable computer and internet access
- Willingness to undergo CORI/SORI background checks
- Ability to work some weekend days
Semester: Spring; Summer
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
3-month minimum commitment, rolling start
Minimum 12-15 hours per week, based on a weekly schedule determined by the candidate’s availability. Appleton Farms is open 7 days per week.
For more information
Contact the Volunteer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org