TITLE: ESG Manager
DEPARTMENT: Business Development & Investor Relations
REPORTS TO: SVP, Business Development & Investor Relations
LOCATION: Purchase, NY
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. The applicants must be at a commutable distance (within 50 miles) to the Purchase office. Relocation expenses will not be provided by Triton. This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship by Triton.
I. THE COMPANY:
Triton International Limited (“Triton”) (NYSE: TRTN) www.trtn.com is the world’s largest lessor of intermodal freight containers and chassis, with over $10 billion in assets generating over $1 billion in annual revenue. Triton leases its fleet of containers to virtually all of the world’s largest shipping lines under a variety of short-term and long-term leasing structures designed to help the shipping lines finance their growth, improve their operating efficiency and better balance their global trade flows. Triton operates its business through 20 offices and three independent agencies in 16 countries, and services its customers through a network of over 430 third-party operated depot facilities spread across approximately 46 countries.
II. FUNCTIONAL SUMMARY:
In this newly established role, the ESG Manager will focus on researching, maintaining, developing, and executing, a variety of sustainability and ESG programs by collaborating across multiple functions, including field operations, investor relations, HR, communications, legal and business development. The Manager will lead the oversight of multiple programs, ensuring Triton is able to maximize opportunities and minimize risk arising from key environmental, social, and governance topics. The Manager will have the ability to be self-motivated and to drive one’s own creative work. In addition to overseeing the various ESG initiatives, the ESG manager will develop appropriate documentation and disclosure.
III. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and implement an ESG strategy and plan, including the development of selection criteria for ESG initiatives, project planning and tracking of implementation progress and costs
- Research ESG disclosure trends and perform benchmarking analysis
- Enhance existing documentation and improve disclosure materials
- Represent Triton in the ESG field and begin building relationships and raising Triton’s profile
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine and prioritize the Company’s near-term and long-range ESG vision
- Measure and report on data-driven ESG goals and metrics
- Manage disclosures for ratings firms (ISS, Sustainalytics, etc.) and frameworks (SASB, TCFD, etc.)
- Respond to customer inquiries and surveys related to ESG matters
- Work across departments to provide input on KPI’s relating to diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, community involvement and charitable sponsorships
- Establish and maintain sustainability partnerships with peers and industry leaders, serving as an ambassador for the Company at leading sustainability conferences and industry events
IV. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in ESG strategy or sustainability
- Must be at a commutable distance (within 50 miles) to the Purchase office.
- Working knowledge of evolution of ESG best practices for public companies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED::
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in both written and verbal presentations across all levels of management
- High degree of comfort with computers and technology and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, capable of managing and tracking implementation of complex projects cutting across multiple departments
Triton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.