Using fundamental technical skills, analytical abilities, and up-to-date regulatory knowledge, provide complete customer oriented, air quality permitting, modeling, and compliance solutions, to assist clients in areas of permitting and regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Technical Responsibilities:
- Conduct air dispersion modeling analysis in accordance with project requirements and/or published guidelines.
- Calculate air emissions, determine required control technologies, and document process information to ensure client operations, and work practices are in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Remain current regarding the latest developments in air pollution control technologies.
2. Regulatory Knowledge:
- Assemble permit applications, permit amendment applications, standard exemptions, source inventories, and emission fee calculations for submittal to state regulatory agencies for industrial clients.
- Understand existing regulations and continually review new and proposed regulations as they relate to industrial clients.
3. Maintain relationships with existing clients solicit new project work as appropriate; communicate results of analyses internally and externally in verbal and written form.
4. Assist new project engineers with projects and participate in internal training.
5. Update client information in internal database in a timely manner.
(The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.)
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental/Civil Engineering, and/or related Atmospheric/Environmental Science from four-year college.
Must have computer literacy, including basic programming, word processing, spreadsheet skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office software package.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use their hands; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.