TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated and diverse Technical Interns (STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) for our Summer 2022 intern program. This is a paid full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2022 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role upon graduation. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Team Leaders and partner with engineers, scientists, and technologists.
This position is REMOTE
- Prepare high quality maps and other exhibits in digital and hardcopy formats.
- Plan, publish and design updates/upgrades, and maintain GIS data in coordination with GIS and IT staff.
- Create cartographic products that meet the specific needs of the client. Products may include hardcopy maps and/or WebGIS products within the ArcGIS Online environment.
- Solve complex spatial problems quickly and efficiently using ArcGIS for Desktop and other GIS-related tools.
- Maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Pursuing an Associate’s degree or higher in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or similar field from an accredited university
- Working knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5 or higher, and ArcPRO
- Knowledge of scripting in Python & VBA
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or on a project team
- In addition to the minimum requirements above, the following qualifications are desired, but not required:
- AutoCAD experience
- Knowledge of NJ state GIS data libraries and other data sources.