Do you enjoy working outdoors?
Are you looking to work for an established, growing company that offers room to grow?
If so, this might be the right fit for you….
TRC is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power and infrastructure industry.
We are looking for Gas Leak Technicians to work in Columbus, OH. As a Leak Survey Technician with TRC you will perform visual inspection of exposed and underground gas distribution facilities and components and compile field data collection consistent with customer procedures. You will be responsible for reporting serious issues promptly, preparing work orders as directed for abnormal operating conditions, and communicating issues with customer representatives in a timely manner.
***Gas detection experience is desired not required. This is a full-time, direct hire position with benefits, PTO and company vehicle provided upon completion of training.***
- Accurately detect and classify gas leaks during inspections performed inside and outside
- Process required data accurately and timely
- Complete required paperwork and sketches in an efficient manner and meet all required completion dates
- Responsible for the proper operation, field maintenance, care and security of all assigned equipment.
- Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines
- Identify and report any observed Abnormal Operating Conditions (AOCs)
- Read and interpret Gas Company maps and records
- Work is performed in residential, commercial and/or industrial setting
- Responsible for the quality of your individual work.
- Responsible for meeting the quality requirements as outlined in the client contract.
- Understand the processes and controls in place to make sure that your work fulfills those requirements.
- Self-check all work and check the work of others as required.
- Typically, 32-40 hours per week, work is subject to cancellation without pay due to weather, work volume, and other factors.
Adhere to all safety and quality procedures.
Responsible for your own safety. This includes inspecting your own workplace on a daily basis and promptly reporting unsafe/unhealthful conditions to the Project Manager (PM)/Supervisor.
Report all work-related injury or illness, however slight, to management.
Make recommendations for a safer workplace and/or work practices.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be used when and where required, and properly maintained.
Operate all equipment in a safe and conscientious manner
Possess the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization and with outside clients and agencies.
- Must be 21 years old in order to operate company vehicle
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must Pass Pre-Employment Background Check
- Must Pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Must have good driving record and reliable means of transportation with a valid driver’s license
- Have computer skills
- Must successfully complete classroom and field training (if required)
Must successfully complete Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification or testing unless previously qualified. We will work closely with you to set you up for success.
- Ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to walk several miles per day in all types of weather and in varying terrain
- Bending, crouching, and kneeling may be necessary
- Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 pounds of safety equipment
- Enjoys working outdoors is a plus
Some travel may be required.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.trccompanies.com/
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets.
We serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations. TRC has over 4,000 technical professionals and support personnel at more than 120 offices throughout the U.S. Our clients depend on TRC’s multidisciplinary teams to design solutions to their toughest business challenges in the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
We understand our clients’ goals, and embrace them as our own, applying creativity, experience, integrity and dedication to deliver superior solutions to the world’s energy, environment and infrastructure challenges.
We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live — community by community.
TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
Please watch the video below to learn more:
Gahanna, OH – GAH, Marietta, OH, Westerville , OH – WSV, Columbus, OH
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled