Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane Technologies is a global climate innovator! Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
We are a $13 billion global business employing more than 36,000 people worldwide. We have a strong global footprint with leadership positions in key markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our mission is to solve sustainability challenges through innovation in the heating and cooling industries. Our strategy serves attractive end markets that are driven by global megatrends of urbanization, natural resource scarcity, climate change and shifting demographics.
We are building on our strengths, focusing on sustainable businesses, investing in our people, and empowering through a proven business operating system.
Trane Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a position in our Engineering Test Lab as a Test Technician I. The primary responsibilities include performance testing of furnaces and residential systems, validating new components, and replicating field issues. This position requires a high level of problem solving, organization, and collaboration. Technicians work closely with engineering and other lab personnel to complete projects.
• Plan, set up, and execute testing in accordance with approved test plan
• Manage workload to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Collect and interpret test data, assuring validity and appropriate detail
• Provide input during test planning stages
• Provide design feedback during and after completion of testing
• Independently troubleshoot and diagnose common test cell problems
• Train newer/ less experienced associates in test practices and procedures
• Support other testing and lab activities as needed
• Increase technical skills and knowledge of Trane products and standard work
• Promote established environmental, health, and safety procedures to ensure safety of oneself and others in the work area
• Drive for continuous improvement by assisting in the implementation of new processes and programs
• Follow good safety practices and contribute to the cleanliness and neatness as necessitated in a laboratory atmosphere
• Collaborate effectively and in a manner that promotes positive interactions within the lab and with teams external to the lab
• 2-year HVAC Associate’s degree preferred, minimum of 1-year HVAC certificate or other Associate’s degree with at least 3 years HVAC service and installation experience
• This role requires 2 years of Engineering Lab experience or 5 years of HVAC field experience
• Proficient use of test equipment and Microsoft applications
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• Strong mechanical and basic electrical aptitude. Experience with electrical wiring and troubleshooting.
• Thorough understanding of refrigeration systems and practical experience installing or troubleshooting systems
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.