Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Technical Sales Engineer
As a Technical Sales Engineer with Trane Technologies you will work with engineers, architects, contractors and owners/developers in the design, application and sale of systems, controls, parts and services for commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings. These systems will include the world’s most complete line of efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and building management controls.
Started in 1926 and recognized as the industry’s most comprehensive training program, the Graduate Training Program (GTP) provides you with intensive technical, business, sales, and leadership training, with an emphasis on maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards.
Our Graduate Training Program consists of:
• A 5-month classroom training program designed to prepare engineers for a rewarding career in technical sales.
– Relocation to La Crosse, WI. And less than 15% travel required post training program.
• Attending lectures and technical presentations that are practical for this career.
• Hear about “real world” projects from visiting Trane Sales Engineers, managers, and customers.
• Complete meaningful homework assignments and participate in individual and team projects.
• Upon completion, you will assume responsibilities of a Sales Account Manager focusing on Systems, or Controls within a pre-assigned office location.
Successful Candidate’s Profile
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Open to all engineering areas of emphasis).
• Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, and credible relationship building skills.
• Resilient and able to adapt and respond quickly, determination and impressive confidence.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the dream to significantly impact organization revenue through sales
• Zeal for new information and goal oriented; regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities to work directly with Customers as a Technical Sales Consultant.
• Possess a Valid State issued Driver’s License with ability to provide proof of insurance
• U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.