Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Manufacturing Engineer 2nd Shift is responsible for technical support of processes related to the testing and manufacturing of HVAC centrifugal chillers. In addition to trouble-shooting chiller production and testing, this role will lead projects and support process improvements of moderate to significant scope for processes as well as provide manufacturing engineering support for implementing product changes in production.
• Lead the development of manufacturing concepts to implementation of final process design.
• Process ownership with responsibility for automated processes and controls in a product manufacturing environment (includes providing technical support to production as needed to meet or exceed customer requirements).
• Verify project benefits meet or exceed business case expectations.
• Document the designs and manage changes within existing quality control systems.
• Conduct process qualification activities to ensure delivered processes meet required specifications.
-Create required documentation for new or updated processes and provide or support training of production associates.
• Propose potential projects and provide technical leadership to help site achieve safety, quality and productivity improvement goals within the manufacturing operation.
• Utilize a standardized problem solving approach to troubleshoot product and process failures and develop root cause solutions to prevent reoccurrences.
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional individuals and teams to build consensus and achieve best practice outcomes (includes participation in and occasionally leading of rapid improvement events as part of site’s Lean transformation journey).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Engineering Technology required.
• Two (2) or more years of related work experience required (will consider co-ops and internships as experience).
• Three plus (3+) years of experience in automation preferred.
• Previous management experience a plus.
• Thorough understanding of control system design and coding.
• Hands-on experience with current PLC or DCS platforms.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles a plus.
• Excellent project leadership and team building skills required.
• Possess initiative to further develop technical skills, interpersonal skills and career path.
• Strong work ethic, great attitude, customer-focused, team-oriented and results driven.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.