Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading projects, developing processes and providing technical production support for the manufacture of HVAC centrifugal chillers. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with well-developed problem solving and interpersonal skills, including a strong ability to lead teams, manage projects and influence others in a cross-functional environment.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be added):
• Provide technical support to production processes as needed to meet customer requirements (non-standard hours may be required). Processes include metal fabrication, machining, welding and assembly.
• Define, develop, document and validate processes in support of product changes and custom orders to meet internal and external customer requirements for quality, cost and delivery.
• Improve process capabilities in areas of responsibility including collecting and analyzing data, performing measurement systems analyses (e.g. gage R&R), conducting process capability studies, and establishing effective process controls including, but not limited to, utilizing statistical process control, mistake proofing, and visual management techniques.
• Lead and participate on continuous improvement teams utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools and methodology to improve standard work of business processes from order to ship. Identify root cause solutions through use of standardize problem solving techniques to drive daily improvements in the factory.
• Develop, propose and lead projects involving safety, quality and productivity improvements within the manufacturing operation. Project leadership includes developing project plans, manufacturing concepts and detailed process designs to support safety, quality and capacity goals; as well as selecting, justifying and implementing capital equipment, managing project budgets, and preparing reports for management reviews.
• Support requirements of the ISO-9001 quality management system and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS or KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of 2 years Manufacturing Engineering experience preferred.
• Thorough understanding of control system design and coding.
• Hands-on experience with current PLC or DCS platforms.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools and methodology a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization is required. Must be able to speak and write clearly and concisely.
• Excellent project leadership and team building skills required
• Possess initiative to further develop technical skills, interpersonal skills and career path.
• Must have strong work ethic with a great attitude and be customer-focused, team-oriented and results driven.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.