Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane has an exciting opportunity for a position in our Test Lab as a Test Technician III. This position is based out of Trane, Tyler Texas Location in the Engineering Test Lab. The primary role of this position is testing in support of new product development, sustainability, quality improvement projects and Mentoring less experienced technicians. This position requires a high level of problem solving, organization, and collaboration. This position works closely with engineering and other lab personnel to complete projects.
• Communicate effectively, respectfully, and in a manner that promotes positive interactions in the lab and with teams external to the lab
• Plan, set up, and execute testing in accordance with approved test plan
• Manage workload to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Collect and interpret test data, assuring validity and appropriate detail
• Provide input during test planning stages
• Provide design feedback during and after completion of testing
• Independently troubleshoot and diagnose common test cell problems
• Increased technical skills and knowledge of Trane products and processes
• Promote established environmental, health, and safety procedures to ensure safety of oneself and others in the work area
• Drives for continuous improvement
• Support other testing and lab activities as needed
• Train newer/ less experienced associates in test practices and procedures
• Support Lab Leader in all lab activities
• Operate and provide leadership in an un-supervised work atmosphere
• Ability to learn and understand ANSI and ASHRAE Standards
• 2-year HVAC Associate’s degree preferred. Minimum of 1-year HVAC certificate or other associate’s degree with at least 10 years HVAC service and installation experience or 10 years related laboratory engineering test experience.
• Demonstrates excellent communication (written & verbal) with multiple lab teams
• Proficient use of test equipment and computers
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• Ability to foster teamwork and successfully train others
• Strong mechanical and basic electrical aptitude. Experience with electrical wiring and troubleshooting.
• Understanding of HVAC and Refrigeration systems Required
• Actively promotes good safety practices and contribute to the cleanliness and neatness as necessitated in a laboratory atmosphere
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.